(American, b. 1976)
Jesse Kelly has been blowing and sculpting glass for 21 years. His career began at age 18 in a Seattle glass production studio, where he developed a mastery of production and design in a fast-paced factory setting and cultivated a deep love for the medium of glass.
Both at the Pilchuck Glass School and in creating work for a variety of locally and internationally celebrated artists over the years, Jesse further honed his skills and began to find his own artistic vision.
Some of the notable Masters under whom Jesse trained are:
• Maestro Lino Tagliapietra, 12 years
• Dale Chihuly, 6 years
• Hiroshi Yamano
• Paul Cunningham
• Richard Royal
Additional training includes:
• Pilchuck School of Glass, attended courses and worked as Teachers’ Assistant
• Pratt Fine Art, Seattle, taught glass blowing classes
• Czech Republic – Bohemian Chrystal- glass blowing techniques
In 2004 he founded Jesse Kelly Glass to produce his own work. Jesse’s glass designs are primarily inspired by a lifelong immersion in the lush beauty of the Pacific Northwest. His vibrant botanical designs evoke gracefully sweeping leaves, brightly colored flowers and spiky stalks of bamboo. Suitable for both interior and exterior installation, Jesse’s creations make gorgeous features in homes and landscapes.
• Seattle Museum of Glass
• CODA Gallery, Palm Desert, CA
• Nordstroms, Featured Artist